Tag Archives: top 10
Bob Campbell put the 2009 Astrolabe at the top of his list of 10. It’s also the cheapest in the list. <link>
New Zealand’s top Sauvignon Blanc’s as selected by Cuisine magazine are just out <link>.
Congratulations to St Clair and Mudhouse who both get two wines in the list.
Update: Here’s the Wine Vault’s list <link>. A St Clair wine features in this compilation too.
For 2008, the top 10 wines (by volume) sold in American restaurants, as reported by Restaurant Wine News, were:
1. Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, Vintner’s Reserve, CA
2. Cavit Pinot Grigio, Italy
3. Beringer Vineyards White Zinfande, CA
4. Sutter Home White Zinfandel, CA
5. Inglenook Chablis, CA
6. Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio, Italy
7. Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio, Italy
8. Copper Ridge Vineyards, Chardonnay, CA
9. Yellow Tail Chardonnay, Australia
10. Franzia Winetaps, White Zinfandel, Vintner Select, CA
No Pinot Noirs and not even a single red wine. So much for the Sideways effect.
And the top 10 brands by volume were:
1. Kendall Jackson
2. Sutter Home
3. Beringer Vineyards
4. Franzia Winetaps
6. Yellow Tail
7. Copper Ridget
10. Salmon Creek
Read the press release here.